AirPatrol and Shoom are excited to reveal a new kind of technology.
Location-Based Advertising for Newspapers
Shoom, a well-known provider of digital solutions and cost saving services for the publishing industry, ad agencies and advertisers with products such as digital tearsheets and invoices to integrated sales tools for publishers, has teamed up with AirPatrol, a provider of location-based mobile services for the enterprise, government, retail and more, to create a solution to converge advertising with physical presence.
- It connects print to digital to actual customers in-store. For newspaper advertising, the Holy Grail is being able to provide a direct correlation between and ad run and customer sales. With inPlace, both newspaper and advertiser know when a customer read the ad and went to the store because the customer’s mobile phone will tell them.
- It gives newspapers greater insight into the readers and advertisers and improves loyalty. The newspaper branded app is a single app that aggregates customer behavior across advertisers and locations. Readers, advertisers and newspapers all win.
- It’s hassle free – inexpensive, automated. Customers may even have the necessary tools already.
- The revenue upside is incredible. InPlace takes you ahead of the rest by connecting ad readers to real world store activity – a incredible first.
How does inPlace work?
- An ad (print or digital) with a special code
- An app that runs on a smartphone
- A small Bluetooth “beacon” placed in-store
In Nashville? Come visit us at the NAA show at booth #28 or email us to find out more! We are excited to show you this new technology to bring together the physical and cyber advertising worlds.